Monday, April 12, 2010

Tessellation on the body

Just having a little play around with the tessellated leather piece on the stand.
After being able to see some of the inside when playing, I decided to use the inside as the outside on the second try (video on the next post). I think this is an interesting concept as the leather creates form only and kind of acts as the bones of the model. I need to reflect on this further....so I'll come back to this later.



Further thoughts (which I may add to):

- the piece falls away from the body where it is attached - the attachment is the start of the interaction with the body and it continues as the articulations work over the body and interact where the angles touch.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great Tania! I love the fabric when it is animated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I haven't done anything with the blog for a while - I'll have to get back to it once I've finished making my leathery body covering I have to get done before GRC :o)

    ReplyDelete